Senior Programme Coordinator to CARE Denmark
The position is anchored in the Programme, Grant & Compliance team in the International Department, which works with climate innovation and humanitarian aid in collaboration with CARE's country offices. The position requires an independent and flexible colleague who can handle a wide range of different tasks in close collaboration with the thematic team (climate, innovation, private partnerships, and policy), the emergency team and the finance department. The place of work is Jemtelandsgade 1, Copenhagen S.
Your primary tasks:
- Country and regional portfolio management and coordination (above individual project level).
- Support management of programmes and projects in close collaboration with the relevant country office's project manager and the thematic team at HQ, including development of and follow-up on budgets, payments, and monitoring of project implementation.
- Ensure correct donor reporting and compliance in relation to both donor, finance and CARE's international guidelines and processes in collaboration with contract and financial staff.
- Performing quality assurance and monitoring of key contractual deliverables, including funding proposals, budgets, reports, modification requests, close-out, and other significant correspondence with donors.
- Monitor assigned donor’s opportunities for funding, based on familiarity with country office and CARE Denmark strategies.
- Facilitate the establishment of contact to and interaction with existing and potential donors at country and regional level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners (e.g. other INGOs) and support country offices in consortium building with peer NGOs and partners.
- Monitoring of grants related risks and mitigating measures in close collaboration with relevant CARE Denmark and Country Office risk owners.
- Support M&E processes incl. collection and systematisation of information and analysis of finance and narrative reports in relation to both donors (e.g. Danida, EU) as well as compliance with goals and progress.
- Support communication processes and knowledge sharing across CARE's departments to ensure that tell the good stories.
We expect you to:
- Have experience with programme or project management, donor compliance and donor relations and reporting to institutional donors.
- Have a good understanding of finances and the ability to manage a budget.
- Be able to create an overview and boil down large amounts of data into concentrated briefings.
- Be driven by supporting processes and making processes run smoothy.
- Have an analytical and detail-oriented approach to work.
- Speak and write French and English at business level.
- Experience in working with Sahelian countries is an advantage.
In return, we offer:
A challenging job in an exciting workplace where we appreciate each other. A job in an organisation where we are ambitious, think innovatively and work together across departments, teams and countries. A job with great responsibility and the opportunity to learn from skilled colleagues. A job with meaning, where you help make a difference for climate vulnerable people. Flexible working hours with the possibility of working from home and all the coffee you can drink.
How to apply:
Send your application no later than February 28th, 2024.
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact HR Manager, Anna Rie Tornbak at email@example.com.
Who we are:
CARE is a green development and relief organization that supports the world's poorest and most climate-vulnerable people in creating a good and dignified life. With climate adaptation, education, emergency aid and help to help yourself, we are present before, during and after the disaster. Through sustainable solutions working with both local organizations and large companies, we create a green and just world for all.
CARE Denmark is part of CARE International, which with its presence in more than 100 countries is one of the world's largest humanitarian organizations.