Finance Business Partner for CARE Denmark
Your reports form the basis for strategic decisions, and you have a special ability to reduce complexity and communicate complicated material to others.
It is important for you to deliver quality on time, and you take ownership, involve stakeholders and steer safely towards goals. And you want to be part of a work environment full of committed colleagues and partners.
We need you for the development and regular production of financial reporting as well as budget follow-up across donor projects and spending in Denmark – including taking responsibility for the organisation's salary coverage budgets and allocations.
You will spend most of your time:
- Business Partnering
- Develop a structured budget follow-up process with department- and project managers.
- Develop and produce regular management reports on own funds and internal projects.
- Plan and facilitate regular budget follow-up meetings with management.
- Plan, forecast and monitor the organisation's salary coverage and manage the time registration system (EazyProject).
- Communicate budget allocations to colleagues and managers, and follow up on significant deviations.
- Forecasting cash flows and monitoring the organization's liquidity through continuous updating of the cash flow budget.
- Preparing annual climate accounts in collaboration with relevant colleague.
- Consolidating and monitoring the SPA framework contract
- Plan, coordinate and consolidate financial reporting on Danida's framework grant.
- Provide training and clear instructions on guidelines and formats.
- Ensure that colleagues are informed about the overall process and their expected deliverables.
- Provide internal reports on the framework grant for use in assessing re-allocations.
- Prepare the audit and facilitate the consolidated audit process for Danida’s framework grant.
- Assist CFO in reporting financial data to CARE International and external parties.
- Assist CFO in the annual budget process and producing ad-hog reports and analyses.
- Participate in the development and tests of new systems and processes.
- Participate in the finance department's overall task delivery, including handling other colleagues' tasks during vacation, illness, etc.
We expect you to:
Thrive in an international, multicultural organisation with many stakeholders and join us with a desire to learn more. You have a toolbox full of skills and experience in financial management, reporting and financial analysis.
- Have a curious mind and experience with financial management, audit, reporting and financial analysis.
- Have experience working with different funding streams, and are aware of compliance matters of key donors: INTPA; ECHO; DANIDA; SIDA etc.
- Have experience with Danida's guidelines and financial reporting on framework grants.
- Are able to excel the complex stakeholder management.
- Have experience with salary coverage and thrive with complicated excel sheets.
- Think business-oriented as well as experience developing and working with KPIs and financial key figures for use in program management and/or management information.
- Be a team player who takes responsibility for your tasks and make sure they are followed through to the end.
- Have a bachelor (or a higher) academic degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
- Have documented experience of working in multicultural international organisations.
- Writes and speaks Danish and English at business level – French is also an advantage.
In return, we offer:
You will be part of a Finance department with a huge impact on the business. Your colleagues and collaborators value you and your work. We have flexible working hours with the possibility of working from home.
On Thursdays, we meet across departments and professional boundaries for a morning meeting, where we share knowledge, eat breakfast and sing a song. We are ambitious, innovative and work together to create the best solutions.
Who we are:
CARE is a green development and relief organisation that supports the world's poorest and most climate-vulnerable people in creating a good and dignified life. With climate adaptation, education, emergency aid and help to help yourself, we are present before, during and after the disaster. Through sustainable solutions working with both local organisations and large companies, we create a green and just world for all.
CARE Danmark is part of CARE International, which with its presence in 93 countries is one of the world's largest humanitarian organisations.
Send your application as soon as possible and no later than 11th of June 2023.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Finance Director, Giorgi Vadachkoria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact HR Manager, Anna Rie Tornbak at email@example.com or 31102683.